Thursday, February 11, 2021

It's all in the relationship!

      There have been phone calls, cards, texts, emails, and almost 200 posts on Facebook in response to Trygve's death. It is almost three years since Joanne died. In the depths of that grief it was the relationships that sustained me. Family and friends reached out with caring support and offered me a life line toward recovery in the land of grief.

    Trygve's death prompted real grief but it was no way as devastating as the grief over Joanne's loss. Yet, grief is grief, and the huge response to Trygve's death is a powerful reminder that relationships are key in grief recovery. While I miss Trygve terribly I'm flooded with gratitude for all the care expressed. It's also a good reminder to me to be in touch with those who grieve. "If you care, be there." Given the pandemic 'being there' may take the one of the forms listed above; phone call, card, email, text, Facebook post. But, it is important to do something, reach out in some way.

    There is approximately 90 minutes more of daylight each day now than there was on Dec. 21. That, along with my COVID vaccine renews my hope. "You're going to spend the winter there?" was a frequent response earlier in my stay in The Little House. When I was asked how long I planned to stay, and I'd say until it's safe, the query about winter was often said. Winter has not been that bad. Possessing a good furnace the house is comfortable. Possessing warm clothing winter walks are also comfortable. Yes, I'm grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al


                                            So we don't forget.

No comments: