Monday, March 1, 2021

Grief redux...

     Today Lois Hope, nee Hiaring, age 84, wife of Marvin, was buried.  Hopes were neighboring farmers in my childhood. There's not a time in my memory that I didn't know them. They went to our country school, our church and our high school. Marvin's brother, Lloyd, and I are the same age so we were classmates for 12 years. 

     Standing in the cemetery at Lois' committal service was quite emotional. In addition to the grief of Lois' death her grave is about 50 feet from Joanne's. Naturally memories of Joanne's burial, now almost 3 years ago washed over me.  Grief touches grief as Joanne was fond of saying. It makes me sad to contemplate all Joanne has missed since she died and, all the time with her, that I've missed. Being at Lois' graveside service awakened in me the presence of absence. So it is in the land of grief.  

Takk for alt,

Al                            

No comments: