Saturday, March 7, 2020

What is it about groceries?

    This morning as I was walking the 6 blocks back from Trader Joe's, with my last installment of quarantine food, I was wondering. Wondering why the most frequent question I'm asked when another learns that I live downtown is "Where do you buy groceries?"  The wag in me is tempted to answer "at the grocery store!" 
   Imagine you live in a city residential neighborhood, a small town, in the suburbs or on a country estate,does anyone ask you, "where do you buy groceries?"  Numberless times I've been asked that question and I'm puzzled by why it is so common?
   The reality is that I can easily drive to a grocery store which, is as most city, suburb, town or country dwellers, do. However, I can also walk to Trader Joe's, as I did this morning,  Whole Foods, is three blocks, Downtown Market, two blocks via skyway, Target 10 blocks also via skyway, and Byerly's, 12 blocks...try that from your suburban home or country estate. In addition the skyway is rife with convenience stores that sell many groceries...I don't even have to go outside.
   Much more difficult than finding groceries downtown is finding an automobile service station. There is only one, Bobby and Steve's, on Washington by 35W. Never have I been asked "Where do you buy gas?"  😏
   What serious issues I have!

Takk for alt,

Al
Yes, I'm missing Thailand and the school.

No comments: