Monday, March 30, 2020

I get email.

    Many days I get emails in response to my blogs in addition to the comments that are posted on the blog site. The diological nature of both the emails and the comments on the blog site enrich this endeavor. Today's email brought this comment in response to Sam's lament, posted last night, from a pastor friend in Ohio.

"Your posting each day brings a thoughtful reflection, but your sharing your friend's lament is especially meaningful.  When I was in seminary half a century ago, I thought churches were but cardboard boxes, disposable and without meaning.  Perhaps it is experience, or just age, that I am now about 179 degrees away from that view.  Just seeing a church building reminds me of relationships, events and meanings that touch the sacred." (N.M.)

    When I read this email I reflected on my own reactions whenever I see a church building. The sight of one always captures my attention as I try to see what I can learn about it from signage, consider the architecture and wonder about the congregation.

    Another pastor friend(H.F.), this one in Minnesota, forwarded Richard Rohr's daily meditation for this date. From that meditation I excerpted this quote. 

"We are not punished for our sins, we are punished by our sins (such as blindness, egocentricity, illusions, or pride)."  Richard Rohr

      This truth was illustrated in the actions of one young man. He was videoed licking a toilet. In a subsequent article it was reported that he is infected with the COVID-19 virus.
Enough said!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: