Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Soooooooooooo frustrating!

     It could be a lot worse, not in the Norwegian compliment sense of saying the positive via the negative, but straight forward. Blessed with a reasonably good memory as I am, it makes living alone in the land of grief, feasible. Were I significantly forgetful living without adult supervision as I do could be marginal.
    A habit that plagues me is not paying attention too much of the time. With thoughts racing miles away I'll lay something down not even realizing I'm doing it. Then it's a search to find it which is very frustrating.
    For example yesterday: Planning to make a phone call on a business matter I set the man's business card out as well as other papers germane to the call. There's usually a bit of clutter around my desk so I cleared that away getting ready to make the call.  A trip to the kitchen to return somethings and a stop at the bathroom made me ready to pick up the phone. But, where is his business card?  Searching for a half hour yielded nothing. Finally I gave up, an since the call wasn't urgent, or absolutely necessary, I went unto something else. Perhaps it will eventually show up and if it doesn't??? In the meantime I continued to be alert for it.
     Tonight. preparing to use my laptop, I pulled out the writing board at my desk and there was the card. :🌝

    This reminds me of the story of the honeymoon couple on a fishing trip, Admiring her wedding ring she took it off just as a huge wave hit the boat and the ring went overboard in deep water. Unable to find it the party kept fishing. Later they were having a shore lunch of fish they caught when she bit into something hard......................a bone.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: