Sunday, March 15, 2020

Comfort Food.

   On a scale of 1 to 10, 1=low and 10=high, where is your anxiety level?  Personally, I'm not feeling very anxious as I hunker in my condo. Penny's Coffee shop, observable across the street from my dining room window, had customers even as I stay away.  MN Governor Waltz, announced the closing of all MN schools effective Wednesday. He said the two day delay to allow schools are parents time to adjust. It's a weird time like non-other and where it will end no one knows. Hopefully we all stay well.
    Strange thoughts appear such as "OK. tomorrow's Monday what am I doing? Oh, ya, same thing as today!"   If I'm still inside like this in two weeks how will I feel then?  TV, the internet, facetime, make this a very different kind of isolation.
    Well...still needing to eat I opted for comfort food. Lars gave me a loaf of sourdough bread he baked.  Gjtoast and jam....yes, perfect. Joanne had the practice of making rhubarb/strawberry jam about Memorial Day each year.  The last few years I'd do the chopping and she'd make a big batch that would last the year. Her last batch was May 2017. One jar remained and I wondered if it was still good?  It is and it was perfect on the bread with Gjtoast...comfort food.
     Still, there is that sadness that one more connection to Joanne will soon be but a memory. So, as I eat and enjoy it, I think of all the jars of jam we enjoyed over the years. Memories are here to accompany me in the land of grief.  This confinement would certainly have been difficult for her.  Hearing of others, I am reminded of how fortunate I am, for which I'm deeply grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al
Bangkok is kept clean, swept by hand.

No comments: