Friday, March 6, 2020

Taxes.

    The 30 student, 3 teacher high school I attended didn't prepare me well for many things. But, there was at least one very important thing it taught me. Enrolling in a course in bookkeeping, which I left after six weeks, made clear that I was not destined for a career in bookkeeping or accounting.
    The fact is, I'm random, messy, disorganized and math-challenged. (Here a small discursion: My reading students at Noble Academy do not know the definition of arithmetic.) These deficiencies of mine come back to haunt me at tax time.  Getting my figures and documents ready for the preparer is only slightly less painful than a root canal, though, I must say, this year was a bit easier.
     This is not to complain about taxes. First, if I pay taxes it means that I had income and that's a blessing. Second, taxes pay for many benefits for me and others; roads, fire protection, police, education, etc., etc. This is just a confession of my own inadequacies.
      The material is now organized, up to a point, and awaiting one final 1099, and off it will go to a preparer who will work her magic.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: