Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Moving Day.

     This unusually early post is occasioned by a change in circumstance. Finally I'm going to get the adult supervision I've lacked for a couple of years. Lisa, bless her heart, has invited (strongly encouraged?) me to move in with her while wait out Mr. Virus.  My condo building has over 300 units so, if the virus takes hold, I'd be vulnerable. Four times a day I need to exit/enter with Trygve which really ups the ante. Tonight is the night.


    This message and email, sent by a friend, arrived this morning.  Thanks, it's very fitting.

Read your blog and thought I would share this poem with you 

Before you know what kindness really is
you must lose things,
feel the future dissolve in a moment
like salt in a weakened broth.
What you held in your hand,
what you counted and carefully saved,
all this must go so you know
how desolate the landscape can be
between the regions of kindness."

-Kindness by Naomi Shihab Nye

Takk for alt,

Al


No comments: