Friday, June 29, 2018

6/26/2018 Caring Bridge



Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Jun 26, 2018

   In Joanne's dying days the accolades poured in by email, Caring Bridge posts, cards, letters, phone calls and visits.  This prompted me to posit in the eulogy how her influence would continue to spread far and wide even after her death.  Today I have two exhibits in evidence of that claim.
   J., who lives in Decorah, IA., reports conversations with two different persons who, knowing she was Joanne's friend, volunteered positive reflections on Joanne's life.  Both of them "out of the blue".
   Then S. sent me this message via e-mail.
"This note is a bit late, but as you continue to celebrate Joanne's sphere of influence, here is another piece of the story.  I was shopping for some flowers to take to the cemetery on Father's Day, and found the perfect flowers - for Joanne.  They were beautiful roses, the peachy-yellow ones she liked so well.  I knew I had to buy them: I also knew I could not put them at the cemetery, as Mom hated roses.  So, I took them to my Fairview clients last week, and told them about Joanne.  Joanne's "gift that keeps on giving" made their day! "
    How sweet is that?  You see why I say "I'm blessed."
     The last bouquet I bought were those "peachy yellow roses"  She was still alert enough to enjoy them.  Usually roses droop quite quickly but these lasted a very long time.  It was as if they were saying "we'll be with you to the end." 

Blessings,      Her favorite rose and tractor.

Al
Her favorite flower and her favorite tractor.

No comments: