Saturday, June 2, 2018

6/2/18 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — 16 minutes ago
   It's likely no surprise to you, that Joanne had a personal mission statement, and, that she kept it in her Bible.  Here it is...the original in her penmanship.
     "My personal mission statement...
             to serve my neighbors
             to glorify God through service with/for God's children"
    She lived it out as a good and faithful servant.

     Yesterday's post about Joanne's art lending library, brought several heartening responses, which you can read via Caring Bridge.  Sr. Liz Kerwin, was Joanne's spiritual director for about thirty years.  Her response to yesterday's post answered my unasked question, of the original source of the painting.  During Joanne's hospice stay Tom, kindly brought Liz to see Joanne, so they could say their farewells.  Truly a grace filled time.
     Today was one of those days where dear friends threw me a lifeline by accompanying me to dinner.  With little scheduled in my day that dinner time was life giving.  Yes, I am blessed and sooooooo grateful that I am not alone.

Blessings,

al

PS If you read this on blogger you may want to go to  https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jnegstad/journal to read responses others post.

No comments: