Friday, June 29, 2018

6/24/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Jun 24, 2018
      It was slight change in the morning routine.  Normally Trygve and I are out the door by 6:00 a.m, for our bike/run.  He runs and I bike.  But, today, I was late getting out.  Weekdays our route takes us over the Stone Arch Bridge but to change it up weekends we travel Nicollet Mall.  The Mall is where we met Chad.
      In 2010, as we were moving into our condo building, Joanne and Chad recognized each other as they met in the lobby.  Chad had lived in the building for awhile and Joanne and worked with him at LSS.  Chad's condo was on the 15th floor as is ours.  Over the years I'd frequently meet Chad at the elevators and, as he was both people and dog friendly, we had many positive encounters.  Some months ago Chad married and moved to the east coast.  While I was happy for him, I was sad to see him go.
     This morning, meeting him on the Mall, was the first time I'd seen him since he moved away.  After he expressed his condolences he went on to talk about his relationship with Joanne at work.  He said her found her a wise, helpful presence who enhanced his time at LSS.  Always happy to talk about Joanne, we parted, and I'd been given another gift of hope. 
     Joanne always described these serendipitous encounters as divine intervention, she called them "the hand of God."   Yes, indeed, divine intervention, again bringing me a gift in my bereavement.  The joy was enhanced by Trygve, who remembered Chad, and greeted him as only a dog can greet.

Blessings,

Al

No comments: