Tuesday, May 9, 2023

We are here!

     With two domiciles telephone callers have been known to ask "Are you here?" The wag in me is always tempted to reply "No I'm here." Perhaps the caller might simply ask "Where are you?"  Whatever, the here we're at is the OFH. Plans are to stay for about a week to catch up with people, and also to catch up on mail.

    While we were absent the good folks of the OFH washed the apartment windows. That's welcome and it removed the winter's grime.  One of the ads for this place asserts "If you live here you will never need a ladder."  The windows are washed without ladders because they reverse for washing, as did the windows in our 15th floor condo downtown. Reaching them on the outside would have required a very long ladder. The stairway from street to the 15th floor was 214 steps, I know because I counted them.

   A professional painter, member of St. James, once said as he exited the service, "I fell off a 40'  ladder." He went on "I was on the second rung." 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

PS As the prairie waits for rain a local farmer said that he was planting corn without tilling first, to conserve moisture. 

    

No comments: