Wednesday, May 17, 2023

1693-2013

       Those dates, 1693-2013, are the span of the novel I'm reading. That long time span probably explains the book's length. At 713 pages I'll not finish it tomorrow given that I'm on page 21. 😜 My latest Parnassus First Edition Book Club book will be waiting for me when I return to the OFH.  A friend, who is a much more voracious reader than I, is attempting to read all the books declared classics. He reports that it's clear why many of them are considered 'classic'. Others, he says, not so much. That's a vey ambitious plan and way beyond anything I would attempt.

     Today was the day I was to visit Joanne's cousin's daughter, who is in hospice care in Sioux Falls. She called saying this was too bad a day so not to come.😟

    The weekly banker's and butcher's, what they call dinner at noon, hosted the new butcher. He's taken over the butcher shop, but the previous owner is working with him for six weeks. So he was present, too. The bankers had taken a vote, and including the new butcher won, they didn't tell me vote totals.

Takk for alt,

al

This is the first Thai school at which I taught. This is 6th grade and the head mistress is on my right and the teacher on my left.


No comments: