Friday, May 19, 2023

Adult prerogative!

         When the construction crew was plugging the breach in the dam caused by a muskrat tunnel, at my request, they also pushed a small rock pile to the edge of a field. A bulldozer, their instrument, is a course tool.  It successfully moved most of the rocks but several smaller ones were pressed into the ground. With today's cooler temperatures and brisk n.w. wind it was too cold to be on an open tractor. It seemed a good time to pick those rocks. Not long into that task I was reminded of cold, miserable, windy days, likely in March picking rocks as a boy. In that time I had no option but to stick with it until Dad announced we were done.

     Today working in that miserable wind it struck me, that as an adult, I do not need to continue this in these conditions. So, I quit. Those rocks are not going anyplace on their own. They will be there another day when the weather is more favorable. Then I will go back. There are advantages to being an adult.

Takk for alt,

Al

                  Bulldozer and excavator restoring a wetland.


No comments: