Thursday, May 4, 2023

Corn planting!

      South Dakota Game Game fish and Parks provide free seed corn for those of us planting food plots for wildlife. This year the corn came in 63.5 lb bags. Out of curiosity I wondered how many kernels in a bag, so I decided to count. It turns out there are 80,000 to a bag...or maybe I read the tag on the bag😊.

   One field is planted and the other is ready. I plan to do that tomorrow because rain is forecast for the next day. "How did I get today's work done with a flat tire on my tractor?"  you ask. My brother wasn't available to rescue me in the field yesterday. But today I let me borrow his tractor, so, once again, he comes to the rescue.👍 

   Does this mean I should have another tractor for a spare. 😁 "What about your other tractors" you ask. They are both too small for the task at hand. Or, maybe I should buy a tractor with a cab and designate the one with a flat as the spare?  You see the difficult dilemmas with which I wrestle.

Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: