Sunday, May 21, 2023

Moderately frustrated!

      It was a shaky premise with which to begin. A high school classmate, thinking that I a graduate of Luther Theological Seminary, was the one to help her navigate the seminary's website. Theological questions are my supposed expertise not computer machinations. My daughter's laughter was her response to this inquiry.

     While I have an iPhone, which, for the most part I use moderately well, my computer is a PC, again I'd say that I navigate it moderately well. The one room, country school attended for eight years offered no computer classes and subsequently I have never had a computer course. Trial and error with superb coaching from the laughing daughter has been my modus operandi.

   Classmate brought her ipad to the brunch table. Heidi Droegemueller, Vice-president for Seminary relations, had emailed her an invitation. Interested in pursuing it she clicked on it but got no response. She sought my help in accessing this opportunity. The servers at brunch quickly gave us access to the cafe's guest sign in. Luther's web page was easily found but, dare I say it? It was INADEQUATE!  Yes, this moderately capable computer operator is going out on a limb declaring the mighty Luther Theological Seminary has an inadequate web site. The audacity of this claim will shock all who hear it.

   So what was the site lacking? It lacked a simple search option into which the information classmate sought could be typed. Were that option present likely her search would be successful. Her plan? Do it the old fashioned way and telephone.😒 We ended a lovely brunch moderately frustrated.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: