Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Fine Dining!

     A trip to the OFH is an opportunity to visit the Costco store only a few miles away. As long as I was there, once I'd checked out, I stopped for lunch. Dining at its finest. At Costco I buy five pound bags of frozen vegetables. Kept in the freeze they provide a vegetable addition to the meals which I prepare. There are two bags of  two kinds of mixed vegetables and a bag of peas in the freezer providing variety.

    In the mid-sixties Joanne and I were living in St. Louis Park, MN. St. Louis Park had a sizeable Jewish population. It also had two Jewish delicatessens; Lincoln Del and Bernie's Del. These were favorite venus when we ate out. Moving to the Highland Park neighborhood of St. Paul, as I did settling in the OFH, I discovered Cecil's Delicatessen. It's a classic Jewish del. 

   That was the site of my dinner tonight. Hot pastrami on an onion roll was the menu of choice. Eating there brings back fond memories of dining at such a place with Joanne. 

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: