Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Prairie life....

       Last fall on a windy day the back storm door of The Little House blew open to its detriment. Lowe's in Brookings sold me a replacement. Calling several advertised "handy men" to install the door was fruitless...nary a call even returned. John was spotted assisting Doyle, both Sinai residents, replacing porch windows. At my inquiry John said he could hang the door.

     Then winter came followed by a very windy April. Returning from the OFH Monday to The Little House I discovered John at work on the door. Today he completed the installation as I watched. Kaia scoured the yard for snakes which she deposited unharmed at my feet. Would she attempt to retrieve rattlesnakes?  All John asked of me during the installation was for an opination or two.

    When the task was completed John refused payment. He said that this was his hobby, he's retired, and if it were for pay it wouldn't be fun. Further he said "It's good exercise and I like to help people."  

    Yes, I like my life in Sinai.

Takk for alt,

Al



                                               John at work!

No comments: