Friday, May 5, 2023

Finished planting!

      This may be the earliest I've finished planting corn. The second field will be very interesting because there will be many volunteer plants, ones that grow from seeds from last year, corn.  Rain is predicted off and on for the next few days so that will be helpful. Local farmers have made huge strides in planting, too. 

    The borrowed tractor has been returned and I still wait for tire repair. Monday or Tuesday was the prediction when I called for service. Having access to a borrowed tractor took the angst out of waiting for repair.

   Snowbanks are still visible north of Lake Sinai. The banks are smaller but are seen from a distance of  a mile and a half. To be seen at that distance means they are still of some size, and lying in the full sun, too.

   Wednesday the banker drove to the field where my tractor stood with a flat tire to give me a ride. Today he washed my car windows. There was a sandwich board in front of the bank proclaiming "CUSTOMER APPRECIATION: Free windshield wash"  He not only washed my windshield, he washed them all!  

   Hometown banking is very special. I've located all my banking to this local bank. Wednesday went I went there for the noon meal I wrote a check for cash. Later that day one of the tellers called me and said that my check was rejected. Inadvertently I'd written on the account I'd closed when I moved my banking here. She said "No problem, we just took the money out of your account."  Try that in Minneapolis and see what happens. One more mistake like that I may be put in an Old Folks Home...wait I'm already in one.😀

Takk for alt,

Al

              This planter but different tractor.

No comments: