Sunday, October 30, 2022

Wrong!

    Well I was wrong, but that should be no surprise. When Lisa asked me about the book she loaned me I gave a tepid response. Joanne gave books a chapter. If she wasn’t engaged in the first chapter she set it aside. This wasn’t at that level but it was mildly interesting initially; that changed.

   The book is Lucy by the Sea, Elizabeth Strout is the author. The two previous books that I’ve read of hers were very engaging. Lucy, is a relationship book, so if that is not your thing don’t read it. Lucy, the character is mildly neurotic but full of profound insights about life and relationships. She, and her ex-husband evacuate New York City to Maine as the COVID pandemic begins. COVID, and quarantine are significant to the story.

    Ann Pratchett, who is one of my favorite authors writes on the book jacket “Elizabeth Strout is one of my very favorite writers. The depth, complexity and love contained on these pages are a miraculous achievement.”

   Yes, I recommend it.


Takk for alt,

Al

                   Light rail, Helsinki, Finland.


No comments: