Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Persevering pays off but ignorance is costly, not bliss!

 

 Well that was an adventure! Three tasks were on my agenda for the day; vote, renew driver’s license and shop at Costco. Two of the three were accomplished. Thereby hangs a tale.

Voting was simple and GPS led me to the voting station through a route I’d never be able to duplicate. It was about 10 minutes, in and out. On to the next task, renewing my driver’s license.

Four years ago, living in downtown Minneapolis a few blocks from the courthouse, I’d succeeded in getting and Enhanced License with only one extra trip to the station. Possessing an Enhance License I naively thought renewal will be simple. After waiting two hours for my number to be called the bad news was delivered; additional documentation showing your new address is needed. My bad for not doing the research before leaving OFH.

It’s about a ten mile round trip between the license station and the OFH. Armed with documentation it was back to downtown St. Paul. “What, only one of these documents work?” My second bad for not reading the list carefully enough.

Again round trip to the license bureau. Success! Five hours after the license odyssey began I was in possession of an Enhanced Temporary Driver’s License. Persevering payed off but ignorance was costly.

Costco you wonder? That remains for another day. It’s certainly good that I’m retired!

Takk for alt,

Al

"Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t."

- Michelle Obama  copied from negstadconsulting


                 Kaia, the latest wonder dog.

No comments: