Thursday, October 13, 2022

     It’s not easy living with an airhead! Anyone else have that experience? This thought struck this morning over a minor incident. The OFH provides a continental breakfast every morning. Putting on my shoes to go to the breakfast for my morning coffee I heard a running sound that made me wonder what it was. Returning to the apartment with the coffee I saw that the dishwasher was running, thus the sound. And, yes, I’d started the washer earlier. What an airhead!    

    I’ve been proud of my iPhone. It serves me well. The camera is amazing. Talking on it works well with the sound transmitted to the hearing aids. One day Lisa said “Dad, you should get a new phone.” Total surprise. It works well, good battery life, screen is intact, why get a new phone? Why? Because it’s an iPhone 8, and virtually obsolete. Really? Yup, Apple will discontinue support in 2023. Uffda, what an airhead!

     Leaving Lisa’s house to go to dinner she asked how I’d find the dinner’s location. The GPS on my (obsolete) iPhone. “Tell me more” she said. Learning that it was not synced with the electronics in my car, she was appalled. Out to the car for some technological updates and a 20 minute tutorial. Now the phone GPS shines the route on my car screen. The car has been in my possession since April 2021! What an airhead!

    Perhaps the moral of this story is that airheads should not live without adult supervision.

Takk for alt,

Al


          Sebilius memorial, Helesinki, Finland.



No comments: