Sunday, October 2, 2022

Church Supper!

 

At one of the recent Bankers/Butchers Wednesday meals, Dawn, read off a list of church suppers listed in the advertiser paper. Asked if I planned to attend any of them I replied “no”. Then an invitation came to go to the supper in the town of Bruce, Saturday evening. Transportation was even offered by the inviter. Having no other plans I readily accepted...no need to sit home alone.

Arriving at 5:30, a half hour after the doors opened, we were given numbers 153-156, and sent to the sanctuary to await our turn to be called to eat. It wasn’t long until we were seated in the dining room. The $15.00 dollars got us a huge meal of comfort food served family style. The main dish was meat balls in gravy, there were also mashed potatoes, grated carrots, coleslaw, lefse and bread. Servers hovered near the table replenishing any bowl or plate that emptied. After I’d eaten too much a plate of homemade apple crisp appeared at my place...no, I did not refuse.

My niece was working in the kitchen, a second cousin made the lefse, and a cousin and her husband appeared for dinner. A bag of lefse followed me home. Were this to be written up in the local news an appropriate line would be “a good time was had by all”...at least “a good time was had by Al.”


Takk for alt,


Al


                                 Prairie sunset.


No comments: