Saturday, October 8, 2022

"The livin is easy"

So says the song in Porgy and Bess. Indeed life at the OFH is easy. Often I've remarked "it's the easiest living I've ever had." A POW remarked on his release from prison "I was surprised how free I felt when they took everything from me." Everything we own ends up owning us. In the downsizing of moving from the condo to the OFH, much ‘stuff’ was shed. None of which has been missed in the in the 9 months of living here.

Having the option of staying in The Little House, or the OFH, is such a great gift. Blessings abound and grateful I am. The blessings began with great parents, whom I never really thanked, and have continued ever since. Soon I’ll descend three floors for a great dinner; no cooking, no washing dishes, no cleanup.

Joanne would love it here (OFH)! By now she’d know almost everyone. Meals in the dining room would delight her as would the view from the apartment. She’s missed so much in the four and a half years since she died.


Takk for alt,

Al


          This was the view from the OFH balcony this morning.

No comments: