Friday, October 7, 2022

Friends!

   

By the end of the evening I will have caught up with three couples who are friends. Every day in the elevator of the OFH is posted a listing of the day’s activities. While I always read the list I almost never participate in the scheduled events. There are a variety of reasons for this behavior. The primary reason is that this metro area has been my home since 1986. Consequently, I have both family and friends nearby. Spending time with them is a priority and fills my people bladder. Inmates of the OFH who have come here from a distance need other residents to fill their social needs. A secondary reason is that I’m only here episodically, with more time in The Little House.

Kaia has been away from the OFH since Labor Day weekend. Returning yesterday it was apparent that she’d forgotten nothing of her routines here. The early morning walk up the hill to Highland Park gave her the run she loves. She’s a very good OFH resident, not barking nor having any need to interact with the other dogs. Only when people invite her does she approach them...a true wonder dog.


Takk for alt,


Al


Our tour guide in Riga, Latvia. When asked if she worried about Russis she replied: "No, becasue of NATO.

No comments: