Tuesday, October 4, 2022

That was fun!

     

It’s not often that I get to give a guided tour of the cemetery where Joanne is buried. Two of yesterday’s guests have grandparents and many other relatives buried there. One guest has both sets of grandparents there. One lives in St. Paul, MN., and the other in Olympia, WA., so it’s not easy for them to visit. Spending as much time as I do at the cemetery I knew where to lead them.


Paul and RoseAnn graduated from Augustana College a year after I and Paul followed me by a year at the seminary. Then they were called to Berthold, ND., a year after I, to Mohall, ND. We were forty miles, of mostly gravel roads, apart but that was no deterrent to our relationship. The four of us spent much time together. It was fun to host them at The Little House for the first time. The telephone keeps us connected. Once again, a good time was had by all!


Takk for alt,


Al


My truck and bulldozer are gone but not forgotten.

No comments: