Friday, May 27, 2022

Veterans Adminstration

      One of the blessings of the OFH is its proximity to the Minneapolis V. A. Hospital. The V.A., like many other entities, is struggling with hiring staff; specifically optometrists. When the V.A. was unable to schedule an eye exam at the hospital for lack of optometrists they referred me to a local Pearle Vision. On Thursday I went to Pearle Vision for an exam.

    With the prescription from the eye exam clutched in my hot little hand I went to the V.A. Hospital this morning. There in the eyewear clinic, without a wait, my prescription details were entered into the system, new frames were ordered, my old frames were straightened (I vow never to sit on them again) and in less than 30 minutes I was on my way. New glasses will arrive via USPS in a couple of weeks.

    Thanking the person who helped me I left. My only regret is that I failed to tell her that she'd made the entire experience pleasant and positive. Notch one up for the V.A.

Takk for alt,

Al


                   Fish market, Lisbon, Portugal.




                           Way to go, Pearl! 😁

No comments: