Thursday, May 19, 2022

Finished!

      Seed corn from Iowa, Clear Lake, is bound to be good.  "Wow! I'm getting stronger" I thought as I tossed the bag of seeds up on the tractor fender. Wrong! Emptying the bag into the planter it was clear that it was a much smaller bag than the ones last year. Yes, this was 40lbs vs last year's 60lbs. Fortunately I had a bag from last year so I was able to complete planting.

    Yes, the corn is planted. Only one minor breakdown. There's some chance of a rain tonight which would be perfect.  Last year the soil was so dry that the corn was slow to germinate. This year there is enough soil moisture to germinate the seeds even if it doesn't rain tonight.

Takk for alt,

Al

                                 Modern equipment.

                                          Iowa seed corn.


No comments: