Monday, May 30, 2022

Basement company!

      Sitting in my recliner on a rainy Memorial Day, suddenly a jarring weather alert, more jarring because it's piped directly into my ears, told me to go to the basement. Grabbing a flashlight, calling Kaia, we headed to the basement.  Basement, cellar, by whatever name it's very primitive. While I was sitting on a concrete block waiting for the storm to pass Kai did her "somebody's at the door bark." Soon there was knocking on the basement door. Opening it there was my brother and his wife seeking shelter. Sinai is on their route from Brookings to their home, which they were driving when the storm struck. They decided to seek shelter until the storm passed.

    A modicum of safety could be offered but little comfort. Perhaps it's time to find some old chairs that can live in the basement for moments like this. The weather alert said that there had been a tornado on the ground near Sinai. Hoping no one nor nothing was hurt...I'll find out later.

Takk for alt.

Al


       Joanne's piano, which our new music minister played Sunday.

No comments: