Monday, May 23, 2022

Old Man Reads Old Book!

      Well, it's not exactly the Guttenberg Bible. That's really old old. This old is for contemporary fiction from a current author. Having first read State Of Wonder, then  These Precious Days, The Dutch House and Commonwealth by Ann Patchett, all of which I enjoyed, Halfprice Books offered up more of her writing.

    When I posted about other Patchett books several persons recommended her Bel Canto. It was copyrighted in 2001, does that qualify as old?  All of Patchett's books offer up astute observations about humans and their relationships. Bel Canto is no exception. I'm very glad to have read it, yet, I'd rate all the books mentioned in the above paragraph above it. This is no means to disparage Bel Canto, in my estimation it is slightly less than those other lofty works from her pen.

    Patchett has the ability to describe characters that the reader cares about. Her insights into the human psyche and nuances of human relationships makes everything she writes rewarding.  I plan to read more of her works.

Takk for alt,

Al

PS Note in the comments I may be up to six readers. Heady territory!


                 The lilac by The Little House.

 

     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!