Sunday, May 29, 2022

The Little House

      Kai and I are back in The Little House for some days. We brought flowers for Joanne. She loved flowers and she especially love yellow flowers. It was my practice to buy her 1-3 yellow roses frequently, rather than a dozen occasionally. 

    On the quest to read much of Ann Patchett's writing I finished her Run, yesterday. It was very engaging with exceptionally appealing characters. The ending was so intriguing I stayed up late to finish it. In these days of Black Lives Matter it fits right in. Her prose is always lush and Run has the plot surprises expected in a good novel.  It was certainly a pleasure to read. Patchett will need to wait a bit while I read Roy Jacobsen's, Eyes of  the Rigel.  It's the third of the trilogy that began with The Unseen, followed by White Shadow.

Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: