Thursday, May 5, 2022

People Time!

      Through 2020 and the long COVID quarantine the telephone was my lifeline to connect with people. Joanne worried that, in her absence, I'd become an isolated recluse which, of course, has not happened. Now, a brief stint in the OFH allows me to make connections with family and friends face to face. In the past I've referenced Martin Luther's assertion that "the mutual conversation and consolation of the saints" is sacramental. That's been much of my focus these few days I'm here, and yes, it feels sacramental. The phone is still a very important connection when I'm at The Little House. But, the Old Folk's Home is a pretty good place.

Takk for alt,

Al


 Draft oxen powering a sweep which transmits power to a tumbling rod to run machinery; Mt. Pleasant, IA.

No comments: