Thursday, May 26, 2022

Accepted!

     On January 7, (my mother's birthday) I moved from a downtown, Minneapolis, condo to the Old Folks Home in St. Paul. Shortly after that the condo was listed for sale. Since it was listed we've had approximately six parties view. Slightly more than one per month. Not the kind of interest one might hope for.

   Yesterday a potential buyer made an offer. Was it for the asking price, which had been lowered once? Of course not. Given the lack of interest, rising interest rates and not wanting to be greedy, the offer was accepted. The proposed closing date is June 27. 

   When I began disposing of items during downsizing I began being particular about the destination of those things. It wasn't long before my attitude changed to "I don't care where its going, just get it out of here."  My attitude about the condo had similar curve. Pricing it optimistically, expectations were high for a prompt sale. As time drug on, and potential buyers found fault, the attitude became "someone just buy it!" Now that there is a potential sale I'm much relieved. So I hope the closing dates ends my ownership. Three abodes is one two many.

Takk for alt,

Al


     Second grade, Ayutthaya, Thailand...but who is the grey beard?


No comments: