Saturday, May 28, 2022

Exploring

     The OHF is in a part of the Twin Cities previously unoccupied by me. While I was in seminary we lived in St. Louis Park, just west of Minneapolis, even though the seminary is in St. Paul. When we returned to the area in 1988 we settled in Golden Valley, just north of St. Louis Park. St. James Lutheran, where I worked for 19 years, was north of Golden Valley, so NW of Minneapolis. When we left out Golden Valley house we moved to a condo in downtown Minneapolis.

     The OFH is in the SW part of St. Paul, perhaps halfway between downtown St. Paul and the airport. Now that nice weather has arrived (finally!) it is time to explore. Driving east on Randolph Ave. from Lexington Parkway I found a place serving food with tables on the sidewalk. Quickly parking I requested the table in full sun, at A-Side Public House. It's a converted firehouse, the food was good and I got to bask in the sun.  Joanne would have liked everything except sitting in the sun. It's on my places to revisit. There is much exploration left to be done. I've visited Mickey's Diner, once, and that's only a couple of blocks from the OFH.

Takk for alt,

Al


  Sunset over the Mekong River looking from Laos toward Thailand.

No comments: