Friday, December 18, 2020

Who needs snow?

      The Northeast received a huge snowfall but here it's brown grass and blowing leaves. That's fine with me. I've discovered how to prepare for Christmas without snow. Everyday during Advent, Grace University Lutheran offers an Advent Devotional online. It features a different family each day who invite us into their home digitally. After introducing the family there's an Advent Devotional. Yesterday featured a family with 4 children, backyard chickens and a beautiful tame rabbit. 😊 Because, this is Advent, Christmas comes later.

    Everyday brings more Christmas cards, letters and pictures. That provides opportunity to reflect on the relationships, memories and gifts of family and friends. The gallery of saint's pictures continues to grow and I pause and reflect as I pass those pictures. Living my hermit's life in the land of grief I'm grateful not to be forgotten. These greetings are more Christmas preparation.

    On one of my trips back to the Minneapolis condo I retrieved many of my compact discs, including a stack of Christmas music. They are an eclectic mix that doesn't include "I saw grandma kissing Santa Claus."  Music has that ability to touch deep cords of memory and meaning. Christmas music playing in the background signals...Advent! Christmas is coming!  Life is good!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: