Saturday, December 5, 2020

No Comment.

THE WHITE HOUSE

WASHINGTON

Jan 20,1993

Dear Bill,

     When I walked in this office just now I felt the same wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know that you will feel that, too.  

     I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

     There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may think is not fair. I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the criticism discourage you or push you off course.

     You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

      Your success now is our country's success. I am rooting for you.

                      Good Luck-

                                           George

     This is the letter that George H.W. Bush left in the office for Bill Clinton, who had just defeated him for the presidency. (Reprinted from the December 2, 2020, Christian Century, P. 3.

Takk for alt,

Al


                                                               Fields of grass.