Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Norwegian pastry!

        Arising this morning I thought "I wonder what's happening in Sinai?"  A quick check of weather revealed snow, 19 degrees and 34 mph wind. Certainly affirmed my decision to drive yesterday. The high temperature on my drive yesterday was 57.

      Lisa, with her niece, Evy, had made krumkake!  Lisa inherited Joanne's krumkake iron. It's certainly sweet to see such traditions continue.. Today Lars invited us to his house to eat kransakake that he and Evy had baked. 18 rings, decorated with Norwegian flags. In Norway it's more of a wedding than a Christmas tradition. Joanne and I had kransakake at our wedding reception as did Lars and Melissa at theirs. 

      All those dreaming of white Christmas got their wish! In the midst of the blizzard today I thought, "Now know why I've been going to Thailand every winter. 😁 Ah, well, I've known cold and snow before and it will not hurt me now.

Takk for alt,

Al


Evy with her kransakake.

No comments: