Saturday, October 27, 2018

10/27/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — 19 minutes ago
      One of the perks of volunteering at school is that sometimes I get to go on field trips with the students.  Several of those trips have been to the amusement park, Valley Fair.  Roller coasters are fun, though I did decide on my last trip to Valley Fair when I rode the Steel Venom, I wouldn't do that again.  
      Today marked my first trip to a genuine water park, Great Wolf Lodge. This seemed a good place to celebrate a decade birthday for one family member.  The slides, although much shorter, are as good as a roller coaster.  My bulk on the family slide upped the speed significantly, one advantage to being fat. 😉   The only down side was my tender feet.  After a bout of plantar fasciitis years ago I was told to always walk with arch support, which I do even around the house so I never go barefoot. My tender feet could only stand a few trips up the stairs to the water slides.  
      Joanne would not have been able to participate given her back problems.  In my imagination, I could see her on the edge of the pool cheering us on.  A few years ago at the state fair, she and S.M., went down the giant water slide.  Extrapolating from that, I'm guessing that a few years ago she'd have been game for the slides today.

Blessings,

Al

Look at the sparkle in my students eyes!

No comments: