Tuesday, October 9, 2018

10/9/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — 16 minutes ago
      With my trip tomorrow Trygve, the wonder dog, went home with L.  WOW!  It is spooky here without him.  He's a very low maintenance dog and at nine years of age sleeps a lot.  But, being here now with out him is an experience of being alone, different from what I am used to.  It's very revealing of the level of comfort his presence provides.
    "He keeps me from being a slug," I've often said about his presence, as getting him exercise keeps me moving.  Now, what I'm realizing is what comfort he brings even if he's asleep in the hall.  This may be the first time I've been totally alone in the condo since Joanne died.  It is very weird and you can imagine the power of the presence of absence in this situation.

Blessings,

Al

Pictured Trygve the wonder dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment
form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm hving problems finding one?

Thanks a lot!