Wednesday, October 3, 2018

9/3/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — 20 minutes ago
         "O go, I want you to go!  I want you to stay in touch with our Norwegian friends."  While Joanne was in hospice I was trying to imagine life without her.  With my spiritual director I wondered how to think about travel after Joanne died.  My spiritual director said "talk to her."  Duh!!!  So I did, and when I mentioned the possibility of going to Norway her response was as quoted above. Next week I leave for a ten day trip visiting friends there.
       The guest bed, empty now, is the collecting place as I lay out what I plan to pack.  Joanne's silk will be the hostess' gifts I bring.  She was always pleased when I brought back silk from Thailand and she loved giving it away.  My purchases had gotten a bit ahead of her giving which leaves me with a good selection of gifts to bring on my trip.  Tonight I laid out several silk pieces to bring with me.
      I'll be staying with three families in Norway; at Hamar, Arendal and Fredrickstad.  (You can do the map search.)  It is a gift to know that I go with Joanne's blessing, though I clearly understand that Joanne would want me to live a full life in this 'land of grief.'  So it is my need to have "her blessing" on what I do, even as I find it a bit curious that that is so important to me.  
    Joanne and I made five trips together of Norway and now I go alone. 😢 

Blessings.  

Al

No comments: