Wednesday, December 5, 2018

12/5/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 14 minutes ago
     It was time to do some clean-up on my PC.  In the process I erased the electronic path to this Caring Bridge site.  Having forgotten that access was originally through Joanne's email I tried to sign on with mine.  When I discovered my mistake and tried to sign on with Joanne's account, Caring Bridge assumed I was a hacker and blocked me.  When the Caring Bridge office opened this morning at 8:00, a call quickly restored my access.
     So, why did my lack of access and ability to post a blog, make me anxious?  It really unsettled me. Likely some of it was loss of control.  There was nothing in my power to correct the situation until the next morning when the office opened.  But I think there was more to it than that.  Posting regularly has been a life-line for me, and for the first time since I began I wasn't able to do it.  Is this a form of co-dependency?   So, I missed a day, why worry about it?   Well, the anxiety is gone and I'm back on schedule.
     Setting up the Christmas tree today in preparation for the decorating party gave me a whiff of grief.  Makes me glad that I've called in reinforcements.

Blessings,

Al

No comments: