Tuesday, October 2, 2018

10/1/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — 23 hours ago
      Posting on site is a way of allowing others (you) who loved Joanne to share life in 'the land of grief.'  Regularly I hear from readers who loved Joanne and are travelers with me in this land I now occupy.  This community of grief, around Joanne's death, is comforting.
    Others have communicated to me that, by reading about my experience of grief, they have found help with their own grief, grief which is not related to Joanne.  This, too, brings me comfort.  Much of life is sad; people die, relationships end, jobs are lost, dreams die, hopes are dashed.  Grief touches grief as losses pile up.  Perhaps we could learn from the grief in our own life to be more tolerant, forgiving and accepting of others.  That was certainly Joanne's way as she was always on the look out for the lonely and hurt.   
    Tonight I am missing her as work on travel plans...I miss her wisdom...among the many other things I miss.

Blessings,

Al

No comments: