Sunday, October 7, 2018

10/6/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — 23 hours ago
"You need to have a plan when you retire, even if you don't stick to it" was the sage advice given me before I retired.  Another person said "you have to have a plan for the day or else it just fizzles away."  That, too, is sage advice.
       Other than driving back from 'the little house,' I didn't have much of a plan today.  True to the advice I was given, the day sort of fizzled away.  However, it does serve as a helpful reminder of the value of being busy.  There are moments when I feel I'm almost too busy.  Today tells me that, that is to be preferred to an unstructured day.  One of the gifts of my volunteer teaching is the structure it gives to my week.
      'The presence of absence' is also more acute when time is fizzling away.  Living in 'the land of grief' is difficult enough when I'm busy.  It becomes less bearable when I am not focused. It is almost 5 months since Joanne died.  Life has taken on a helpful rhythm during those months and a day like today will motivate me plan my time.
     "She's not coming back"...that's the reality.

Blessings,

Al

No comments: