Tuesday, October 9, 2018

10/8/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Oct 8, 2018
       Today I reread the post I wrote on March 20, the day she came home from the hospital and entered hospice care.  It's less than 6, months ago, but also a lifetime.  My mind buzzes at all that's transpired in these months, in moving from anticipating death to inhabiting the 'land of grief.' though, I was already in the land of grief when she went into hospice care.  Life with the presence of absence had yet to begin.
        Reading some of those earlier posts, I was reminded of the cascade of posts, letters, cards, calls and visits that buoyed her through those last days. Having that emotional support continued these months as I try to cope, fills me with deep gratitude.  As she was dying and after her death, I was promised that I would not be forgotten, and I have not been.  In the midst of my grief and sadness being accompanied in the land of grief is a great gift.  Thank you!

Blessings,

Al

No comments: