Wednesday, August 15, 2018

8/6/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Aug 6, 2018
       There are many other things I'd rather do than this shopping.  If we hadn't procrastinated it would have been done...however, that would have created other problems.  It was our plan to have our gravestone in place before either of us died.  It wasn't done, and if it had, we likely would have had to move it.  We always thought we would be buried next to my uncle Henry, and his wife Inga.  Not knowing that we could be buried with my grandparents, as Joanne is, we would have put our marker in the wrong place.
        Joanne Elizabeth Negstad, April 1, 1936 - April 12, 2018  Seeing that on the stone, even though it's on a computer screen, makes the presence of absence very real.  Something deep within me continues to rebel against the knowing that this separation is permanent.  The blank where my date of death will be inscribed causes me to wonder "How long?"  
        The journey continues.

Blessings,


Al

No comments: