Wednesday, August 29, 2018

8/19/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Aug 19, 2018
     Sitting at a wonderful outdoor worship service led by a blues band this morning I had a panic attack.  This attack was triggered by the changing season...losing daylight, fall coming, followed by winter...and Christmas!  Yes, Christmas, what do I do about Christmas?  Do I decorate? Why? Why not?  Can I bear decorating alone?   Yes, yes, I know...it's only August, but mind games............
     So I came home feeling blue.  Knowing what I know about emotions I decided a good walk was in order.  Mid-eighties?  For me, perfect weather, so off we went, Trygve and I, for about an hour's walk.  That helped a bit, but it was still mid-afternoon with the rest of the day ahead of me and I was still in a bit of a funk.  Walking down to Runyon's, a place near here with a great roast beef sandwich who always give Trygve a piece of bacon when we sit at a sidewalk table, was an option.  This option would allow me to continue feeling sorry for myself.
      Then, I remembered, the announcement at church about the church picnic this afternoon.  Never have I had any interest in going to the church picnic but the choice was clear...stay on the pity pot alone or take action.  Church picnic it was, and I reasoned, it's a picnic they can't refuse a dog, so off Trygve and I went, and the dog people were delighted to see Trygve.  Anyone delighted to see me?  I don't know, but it was exactly what I needed to get over feeling sorry for myself.  Such good people.
    Oh yes, I have a plan about Christmas, but more about that later.

Blessings,


al

No comments: