Wednesday, August 15, 2018

8/15/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — a minute ago
   “For in grief nothing "stays put." One keeps on emerging from a phase, but it always recurs. Round and round. Everything repeats. Am I going in circles, or dare I hope I am on a spiral?

But if a spiral, am I going up or down it?

How often -- will it be for always? -- how often will the vast emptiness astonish me like a complete novelty and make me say, "I never realized my loss till this moment"? The same leg is cut off time after time.” 
―  C. S Lewis, A Grief Observed
       Lewis describes my experience  in the four months since Joanne died.   Daily tasks and experiences, most of them good and satisfying, fill my days.  Good conversations, farm duties,  good books, driving back and forth from SD, etc., when suddenly the presence of absence grabs me as if for the first time.   It seems I'm right back where this all started, a circle? a spiral?  up? down?   How many times can the same leg be amputated?
Blessings,

Al

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on numerous websites for about a
year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Los angeles! I'm bored to death
at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break.
I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look
when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my
cell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, excellent blog!

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting!
Keep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to my
personal blogroll.