Wednesday, August 15, 2018

*/2/2018 Caring Bridgge

Joanne Needn't Have Worried
Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Aug 2, 2018

        When Joanne took personality tests, all of her checks were in the extrovert column.  On the other hand, more of mine would be on the introvert side.  With my professional life I could act as an extrovert, but it took energy from me.  Joanne would gain energy from being with people...the true mark of the extrovert.
       We were both well aware of each other's characteristics.  Consequently, when Joanne was in hospice, she worried about me.  She feared that, after her death, I'd withdraw and become a social isolate.  She shouldn't have worried.  Now that social engagements are my responsibility I take it seriously.  In addition, people have reached out to me, too, to keep me engaged.
        Consider what I've done this week, Monday through Friday.  Remember, all of the engagements I will mention were with others.  So, in these five days I have had; two breakfasts, two coffees, three lunches, three happy hours, and two dinners.  Want to get on my schedule? let's look at November 😁...joke.  But, I am  not left sitting at home, feeling sorry for myself.  One of these events was with family all the others with friends.
          Yes, I'm blessed...I have a great family and soooooooo many wonderful friends!

Blessings,

Al

No comments: