Wednesday, August 29, 2018

8/18/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Aug 18, 2018
     The descendants of my parents, Albert & Edith Negstad, gathered for a family reunion today.  Most of their descendants were present.  The gathering consisted of eating, visiting, with a few lawn games thrown in.  It was obvious that being together is important as people lingered through the afternoon and into the evening.  There was no drama, just the joy of being together, with no agenda but to enjoy each other.  Joanne would have loved it.
       Aware as I was, of the presence of absence throughout the event, it was not overwhelming. But, coming home was hard.  Normally returning home alone is not particularly difficult. Tonight was different.  Why?  I don't know.  Perhaps all the conversations in which I participated and would loved to have shared with her.  Maybe knowing how much she would have delighted in the event and how others would have delighted in her made coming home alone unusually hard.
        So, without fully understanding, I report my experience.  


Blessings,

Al

No comments: