Thursday, June 29, 2023

VA to the rescue!

         Prior to the COVID pandemic the Minneapolis, VA., had a audiology walk-in clinic, open mornings. It would have been suitable for my current hearing aid issue. The current problem that I experienced was with the battery charger not the hearing aid. Fortunately I had a routine appointment scheduled and wisely I brought the charger to the appointment. The audiologist found the charger was broken and gave me a new one.

       Nationally the VA has had some issues reported in the press. My experience has been almost all positive. The one exception is occasionally a long lead time for specialty appointments. Had I not had a prior appointment scheduled I may have had to wait some time to replace the charger. A year ago when it was difficult to schedule an eye exam I was referred to Vision World. There I had the exam and the VA supplied the glasses prescribed by Vision World. Tomorrow I'm scheduled for an eye exam at the VA.

Takk for alt,

Al

     

No comments: